We're having Free Week at CFUV! This is your chance to come try out a new and challenging fitness program that will motivate you to be healthier, stronger, and faster all week long for FREE. So what can you expect? And what can you do to have the best experience possible? You may have already clicked around our website at crossfituv.com. Be sure to check out the 'Getting Started' tab. Below are just a few tips and pointers.
- Be a little early. If you haven't been in to CFUV before, we'll need some basic health and medical information from you. Do you have past injuries, surgeries, medications, or conditions that will effect your workout? You'll provide this information on your liability waiver, but it's also a good idea to let your coach know beforehand as well.
- Bring a water bottle. You can refill it from our water cooler. We also have bottled water for purchase. It's important to stay hydrated before and after your workout.
- Come ready to warm up with the class. Our warm ups are often fun, and allow you to connect with the trainer and other classmates. This is also the time when your coach will go over what you'll be doing in class. We'll go over movement standards, and scaling options. This is an essential part of the class!
- Feel free to ask questions. We're here for you. If you have concerns or questions, don't hesitate!
- Check your ego at the door. We're all in a different place in our road to health and fitness. Maybe you're already very fit, and we are excited to have you at CFUV! We hope you will come ready to learn, as well as share what you know, and participate in a community that is supportive and encouraging.
- Last but not least, remember that CrossFit is what you put into it. It is challenging, and difficult, but it doesn't have to be frightening. We're so excited to see new faces this week, and we hope you'll take full advantage of Free Week at CrossFit Utah Valley!